M.S. Educational Technology - School Library Media
The M.S. in Educational Technology – School Library Media program at OSU is accredited by ALA through CAEP. This degree leads to advanced certification as a school library media specialist in Oklahoma. Our rigor in educational technology coursework enables candidates to serve P12 schools as a certified school librarian as well as a technology integration specialist.
Applications are accepted at any time. Admission on a provisional basis may be possible. Students admitted on a provisional basis will be reviewed for full admission by Educational Technology faculty prior to enrollment in the second semester. Admission to a program is also dependent upon advisement availability.
Apply for admission to OSU Graduate College online athttp://gradcollege.okstate.edu Meet School of Educational Studies graduate admission criteria:
- Grade point average minimum of 3.00 in a Bachelors degree from an accredited institution
- Statement of Professional Goals (The admission committee looks for graduate-level writing ability and a fit between your goals and the program)
- Three letters of recommendation providing information related to past academic ability, potential for graduate study, and writing ability.
- A current teaching certificate.
- Obtain your OSU username and password through OKEY in the OSU Portal at http://my.okstate.edu. These will be used for accessing e-mail, logging onto the OSU network, accessing Digital Library Services (http://www.library.okstate.edu), and using the Online Classroom for online components of courses.
- Sign up for the Ed Tech @ OSU Listserv sign up and archives:http://listserv.okstate.edu/edtc-l.html
- Join our Facebook Group: Ed Tech @ OSU
- Follow our Twitter account @EdTechOkstate
- Join the Educational Media & Technology Student Association at http://campuslink.okstate.edu/organization/EMT
- Familiarize yourself with general information for current graduate students at http://gradcollege.okstate.edu and Ed Tech graduate program handbook information at http://edtech.okstate.edu/handbook
Using the Course Sequences page at http://edtech.okstate.edu/courseseq, plan your course sequence and ask your Avisor to Remove the Advisement Hold before enrolling in courses through Student Services at http://my.okstate.edu. During the first semester you actually attend classes, you will complete a Plan of Study form with this planned course sequence at http://planofstudy.okstate.edu (you won't be able to create a Plan of Study until you have actually enrolled and attended class).
Common Core 12 hours
- EDTC 5203 Foundations of Educational Technology*
- EDTC 5103 Advanced Computer Applications in Education*
- EDTC 5753 Introduction to Instructional Design*
- LBSC 5613 Library Networks and Databases*
Research & Inquiry Requirement 3 hours
- REMS 5013 Research Design & Methodology* (If a substitution is approved for this course, you must complete RCR modules and send printed certificate to the COE Graduate Studies office.)
Option Area: School Library Media 15 hours
- LBSC 5113 Selection & Organization of Educational Resources**
- LBSC 5823 Administration of School Library Media & Technology Programs**
- CIED Literature for Children, Adolescents, & Adults**
- CIED 5443 Teaching Reading with Literature**
- EDTC 5113 Digital Media Production*
Electives 6 hours
- EDTC 5303 Digital Games and Simulations in the Classroom*
- EDTC 5403 Creativity & Innovation in Educational Technology*
- Other (consult your advisor for permission to substitute classes)
* Taught online
** Hybrid Format: Online with a few F2F meetings
- Common Core 12 hours
- Complete the Graduation Clearance Form at http://planofstudy.okstate.edu then Apply to Graduate in the Student Records section of Self Service at http://my.okstate.edu at the beginning of the semester you plan to graduate.
- Make arrangements with your advisor to present your professional portfolio at the end of your final semester (see the School Library Media Portfolio template in LiveText - http://livetext.com - for instructions).
- Sign up for and take the School Library Media Specialist certification exam. A study guide and application forms are available at http://www.ceoe.nesinc.com.
- Contact the Credential Specialist in the OSU Professional Education Office (405.744.8879) to fill out the necessary paperwork for adding School Library Media to your current certification.
- Graduate Commencement information: http://gradcollege.okstate.edu/content/graduate-commencement (please notify your advisor if you plan to walk in the graduation ceremony.
Professional Portfolio Due Dates
The professional portfolio must be submitted to LiveText by 5:00 pm central time on Friday of the 14th week of the semester for fall and spring graduates. Summer graduates must submit by 5:00 pm central time on Friday of the 6th week of the main (8-week) summer term.
Stillwater, OK 74078